Call Us856-424-41421 Keystone Ave. St 100 Cherry Hill, NJ 08003Email
Untitled Document  


  • What can I expect on my first day?
  • Do you offer psychiatry services at your facility?
  • My medication requires my blood work to be monitored – can you do that?
  • What kind of groups do you offer?
  • What are my funding options?
  • What is Group Counseling?
  • What is Partial Care?
  • What types of mental health professionals are at Unity Place?
  • What are the services offered at Unity Place?
What can I expect on my first day?
  • You will be picked up by one of our transportation vehicles and brought to our program.
  • You will be greeted by our receptionist and shown where to have breakfast and coffee.
  • Around 9 AM you will be greeted by a member of the intake team to sign releases and program forms.
  • When you are finished signing paperwork, another member of the intake will complete the second half of your intake which involves an assessment, asking clinically based questions to get more history and understanding so that we can treat you better at our facility.
  • You will then be given a tour of our facility and orientation to the program, which includes meeting your assigned case manager and other clinical staff.
  • You will then be directed to your specific group room based on what track you are assigned to.
  • Congratulations, and welcome! You have completed your intake at Unity!
Do you offer psychiatry services at your facility?

Unity Place is proud to have Melissa Lewis, PA on our staff, under the direction of our Medical Director Norman Chazin, MD.  Melissa currently sees clients 2 days a week. New clients will be seen within the first two weeks of their admission.

My medication requires my blood work to be monitored – can you do that?

Yes. We work with an outside lab called TrueTox* that has a phlebotomist on staff. We are also able to administer and keep track of clients who are on injectable medication.

What kind of groups do you offer?
  • We offer a wider range of psychoeducation groups from CBT, self-esteem, depression support, health and wellness, and anger/stress management to social skills and self-harm support. We also have groups for creative expression, domestic violence support, men’s/women’s groups, and conflict resolution.
  • As well, Unity Place offers groups that are specific to addiction and recovery, groups that are specific to mental health, and groups that are specific to the co-occurring diagnosis, which address both mental health and substance abuse. Clients can also sign up for specialty groups like IMR (illness management & recovery) grief and loss, Trauma Recovery, Yoga Nidra, and Pre-Voc.
What are my funding options?
  • Medicaid
  • Drug court funding
  • MAP-SPB funding
  • NJSI
  • Magellan
What is Group Counseling?

Group counseling provides treatment in a format with participants with related problems. People in group counseling improve not only from the interventions of the Group Facilitator, but also from observing others in the group and receiving feedback from group members.

Unlike individual therapy sessions, group counseling offers participants the opportunity to interact with others with similar issues in a safe, supportive environment. Group counseling can provide  you with feedback from other people, and help you realize that  you’re not alone. Members are  encouraged to turn to each other for support, feedback and connection, instead of getting all of that from the Group Facilitator.

Group counseling can  help you relate to others (and yourself) in healthier ways. In addition to strengthening your relationships skills and  reducing isolation, group therapy is especially valuable for  people dealing with depression,  social anxiety and life transitions.

What is Partial Care?

It is an intensive, nonresidential, therapeutic treatment program.  Our program provides clinical treatment services in a stable, trusting environment.

Our Partial Care system provides clients with a highly structured intensive day treatment program. The treatment includes group counseling and support, therapeutic activities to address daily living (ADL) skills, recreation and stabilization needs; psychiatric assessment and medication management; case coordination; and referral, advocacy, and linkage to other services.

What types of mental health professionals are at Unity Place?

Physician Assistant

PAs are medical professionals who diagnose illness, develop and manage treatment plans, prescribe medications, and often serve as a patient’s principal healthcare provider. With thousands of hours of medical training, PAs are versatile and collaborative. PAs practice in every state and in every medical setting and specialty, improving healthcare access and quality.


A psychiatrist is a medical doctor and the only professional that specializes in mental health care and can prescribe medications. (Family doctors often prescribe medications for mental health concerns, but do not have specialized training or background in treatment mental disorders.) Most psychiatrists focus on prescribing the appropriate medication that’s going to work best for that individual and their concerns; a few also do psychotherapy.

​Licensed Professional Counselor

Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs) are master’s-degreed mental health service providers, trained to work with individuals, families, and groups intreating mental, behavioral, and emotional problems and disorders. The practice of professional counseling includes, but is not limited to, the diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional disorders, including addictive disorders; psychoeducational techniques aimed at the prevention of such disorders; consultation to individuals, couples, families, groups, and organizations; and research into more effective therapeutic treatment modalities.

​Licensed Social Worker

Licensed Social Workers (LSW) are a master’s-degreed (MSW) specially trained Social Worker who has met requirements for licensure in order to help clients with mental health issues. The Licensed Social Worker brings a special “Social Work” frame to the realm of mental health healing. While the Licensed Social Worker is trained to work with all types of clients, many Licensed Social Workers have chosen to specialize in working with a sub-set of the population, such as: Children, Adolescents, Couples, Groups and adults with specific mental issues such as addiction.

Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC)

Licensed by the state, this designation requires a national certification and hundreds of hours in substance abuse/dependence education, in order to meet global competency standards. The CADC is responsible for providing confidential addiction counseling, education, and support to individuals, families, groups, and community promoting healthy lifestyles and healthy choices.

What are the services offered at Unity Place?
  • Group Therapy
  • Co-occurring Groups
  • Medication Monitering
  • Individual sessions
  • Psychiatric evaluations
  • Transportation
  • Urine drug screens
  • Medication education
  • Phlebotomist on staff
  • Specialized groups
  • Drug Court advocacy
  • Specialized events
  • Creative activities
  • Prevocational services

Copyright by Unity Place of Cherry Hill 2020. All rights reserved.

Untitled Document